Monday, March 9, 2009

Checks on the list

We made it to the Waterview this weekend! Aron and I, along with my mom and dad and his mom all got to meet with our wedding coordinator. At this meeting, we set the menu, picked out a cake, talked about how the night would work, picked out table linens and worked out where everything is going to go in the room.

For the wedding cake, it will be a square cake with raspberry ribbon around each layer. On the inside will be white cake with cannoli cream .

Table linens so far are white table clothes with black napkins. They didn't have a color close enough to my color scheme to have the napkins match.

For the menu...some highlights...
Main Course:
Fillet Mignon
Salmon
Chicken Picatta

Cocktail Hour:
Raw Bar
Martini Bar
Carving Stations
Cheese Station
Beef Wellington
Portobello Mushroom Fries
Crab Cakes
Thai Chicken
and more that I can't remember right now...

In other wedding news, dance lessons start tonight, and I am really looking forward to them. Hopefully Aron will warm up to the idea a bit once we get going with them, but if not, oh well. We are already committed to doing them.

The weather was beautiful this weekend, and it felt like spring. And spring means that summer is getting closer, and so is the wedding. My counter officially has a 4 where it says months. Yesterday we crossed the 5 months to go mark, and it really seems like time is flying. I am not very worried, I feel like we have a handle on the planning for the most part. And any do-it-yourself projects can be accomplished over summer vacation.

I bought myself a present this weekend. I waited on line for over an hour for a free pandora bracelet with purchase of a charm. I got myself 2 charms to start off the bracelet. We know I have a thing for monkeys.
That's it on the wedding front for now. Less than 5 months to go!

2 comments:

  1. Ummm beef wellington? I CAN"T wait to try this! I forget- do you watch Hell's Kitchen? Gordon Ramsey is always screaming about the beef wellington!!!

    Have fun at your dance lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!! I got to try it for the first time at a wedding recently. Now I know why Gordon wants it perfect every time. It is delicious!

    ReplyDelete