Saturday, March 14, 2009

Luck of the Irish.

Friday night was the first official meeting with the rabbi. Last time we met with him it was an informal meeting to see if he is the one that we want to do the wedding. So this time it was official.

We went over the logistics of the wedding, like what we are expected to bring. We need our own kiddish cup, which is fine, since I bought one in Israel for the occasion. We also are doing a Havdallah in the beginning, and I bought a beautiful candle for that in Israel also. Probably in another month or so, we will go meet with him again.

This weekend we also started to think about invitations. I met a really nice woman the bridal show that has a store that is down the road from us (right next to Archie Moore's). So while getting food from Archie's for the second time this weekend, we stopped in to take a look. I was impressed that as soon as we walked in, the woman said that she remembered me from the bridal fair before I could mention that I was there. We learned from this that there are thousands of possibilities, and we have no idea what we want. We are going to go back again on Sunday with my parents and look again, so we'll see how that goes.

Other than that, this weekend was filled with corned beef, beer, and friends. Saturday we walked with Tom to the parade in Milford. People joined in throughout the day, and eventually, we made it back from the bars for a wonderful corned beef dinner courtesy of Aron. After dinner we all went to Tom's for a bonfire. Sunday the celebrating continued with a trip to Sarah and Justin's St. Pat's party.


Aron and I dressed very festive for the parade. Me with my Shamrock antennae and Aron with his Guinness jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment