Last night was our second dance lesson, and this time it was a private lesson. Our lesson was with the owner, and he seems like a really nice guy (though a bit strange). We started off with his fiance, who is really nice, because he was busy with the couple before us still.
Today's lesson focused on the Waltz and Swing. I have learned that I am pretty decent at the steps and making sure I am on the right foot and doing the right thing with my feet. I have also learned that I am terrible and turns. I seem to be in a rush to get back into dancing that I speed through the turn. Oh well, we will work on it.
Last night we also played our first dance song for our instructor, and he mentioned some ideas of where we can go with it, but I don't really remember anything he said. Plus, he has a thick German accent, so I really can't understand everything he says.
Last night was the last of our free lessons, so we bought a package. It is pretty expensive, but I think that is a good idea. If anything, it will give us some confidence on the dance floor so we don't just stand there like middle schoolers swaying back and forth.
In other wedding news, tonight is our 2nd meeting with the rabbi. We are going to head there after Aron gets home from work, meet with the rabbi, then stay for the Friday night service again. This temple doesn't really do Saturday morning services, so they read from the Torah on Friday nights. They keep it pretty short, but it is still longer than a normal Friday night service. I really don't mind. I kind of enjoy the idea that we are attending services on occasion. It is still not something I can see myself doing weekly, but I wouldn't mind my attendance being more than just a high holiday (if that) thing. It is also really inconvenient that the temple is all the way in Ridgefield, but the rabbi there seems to be the best match for us, so it is worth the drive.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment