Just for the record, I now have that Lady Gaga song stuck in my head...but anyway...
The first step towards Aron and I not looking like dancing fools at the wedding has been taken! At the bridal expo last weekend, I met with the nice people from the Fred Astaire Dance Studio. I filled out the form for more information, and I found out that a new place was opening in Orange this week. So I circled both Orange and Trumbull as places that we would go. Monday afternoon, the nice British guy from the Orange studio called me and offered some free introductory lessons. So it is official, we begin lessons next Monday. When he asked about our dance experience, I told him that we had none, so we are doing a group class for first time dancers. I am hoping to do a few group classes and then a few private so we can work out some fun moves to our first dance song.
As you can probably tell, I am really excited about this. And if you know Aron, you probably can guess that he is less than thrilled with the idea. However, I mentioned it months ago, and he agreed to go along with the idea. Apparently he only agreed because he never actually thought that I would make it happen. Too bad, I made the call, and now he has to do it. But really, we are going to have 175 people watching us dance, I want to look like we have some clue as to what we are doing because between the 2 of us, we have 4 left feet.
So Monday night begins the dance adventure of Aron and Julie. And if it doesn't go well, there is always a bar next door...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Haha neither of you will be sorry you're doing this! It is so embarrassing being in front of everyone and not knowing what you are doing (of course, I speak from experience!!)
ReplyDelete