Thursday, June 18, 2009

New Home!

We had our first official night as home owners. Tom and Aron brought the mattress over, which we placed on the floor to sleep on.

So this is how our first night went down. I arrived at 4, and the key was waiting for me under the mat, left by our Realtor. I went right in and frolicked around enjoying the fact I was in MY HOUSE! Then I started on the cleaning of the kitchen and downstairs bathroom. I got word from Aron that the closing was done and he was on his way back from Stamford. His parents met me at the house for their first official tour. They loved it! Then Aron's mom helped with the cleaning, which I have to admit had stalled at this point. We some good teamwork going, the kitchen and both bathrooms got cleaned and the floors all got swiffered.

Aron arrived and we toasted some champagne. Him and his dad headed off for supplies and dinner while we finished cleaning.

Ann and Tom and little Tommy arrived to help with the moving of the mattress. At some point my parents also arrived to check out the place. It was pretty much chaotic, but great. After everyone left, we took one final trip back to the apartment for the night to pick up a few more things.

It was weird sleeping in a new place. We are going to have to get used to the sound of cars at night. But other than that, our first night in the new house was great!

Tonight I have New Kids on the Block, and Aron and Oren are going to pick up our new BBQ and move some more stuff. The rest of the moving will be this weekend. I can't wait for our new furniture to arrive on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment