Monday, June 8, 2009

Relay for Life

I didn't want to lump this in with my post about excite over the invites, it deserves its own post.

This weekend was Relay for Life. It is such a great event. I went this year with Aron's mom, and it was her first time. Our friend Sherly convinced her that she needed to come as a survivor. The whole Pinkussohn family came, including John (Aron's dad). We did the survivor dinner with Sheryl and her family. We watched Beth do the survivor lap with Sheryl, and then we all joined her for the caregiver lap. We all had a great time, and a great experience.

But things like this make me a little sad with the wedding coming up. Cancer and illness has touched so many in family, as I am sure it has many others. As the wedding grows closer, I am thankful that Beth's treatment was quick and the recovery was good. I am thankful that Grandma Arlene is a strong breast cancer survivor too. I am thankful that Grandpa Dave battle 2 different types of cancer, and despite the very long road to recovery, he will be there to share our special day.

It also makes me sad that Aunt Sandy will not be there to share our day with us. I know how much it meant to her to be able to be at Heather's wedding, and I wish that she could have been here for mine. I know she would have loved to be there.

And even though it wasn't cancer, I wish Grandpa Larry was still here. I know that he loved watching Heather and I grow up, and he would have given anything to be at our weddings.

So this post is for all of the loved ones who are no longer here to share this exciting time in our life with us. We miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment