Tuesday, January 6, 2009

We finally found a good videographer!

So we had our last videographer meeting last night. This was with a place called video affair in Hamden. Within minutes of walking in, Aron and I both knew that we would not be hiring these people. Here is why:

-The first thing they did when we walked in was try to sell us invitations, before any mention of any video.
-The guy insulted our venue! We happen to love the Waterview, probably not a good idea to trash it to the bride and groom! He repeatedly told us that it was the worst place ever acoustically, and the people would miss everything that the band says.
-They handed us a "menu" of add ons, and they charged extra for everything imaginable. So to get all we wanted, they were going to keep upselling us.
-They were really disorganized. They didn't have sample DVDs ready to pop in right away, and they kept searching for ones to show us, then changing their minds and popping in different ones.
-They kept talking to eachother about memories from previous weddings. Hello! I am here!!! Talk to me!!!

So, with that, we will not be going with these people. I am a little bit bummed, because the work the woman did was really really nice. But I don't think we would get along with them well enough, especially after all of the things I listed.

So we are offically going to go with Glenn Andrew Productions out of Brookfield. I looked him up on weddingreports.com and he had 19 reviews dating from recently to almost 5 years ago, and all gave him 5 stars and said that they loved him. No one had a bad thing to say. Also, he seemed like a really nice guy, and he was willing to do everything we were looking for at a really reasonable price. Plus, he doesn't charge for add ons.

Rabbi meeting on Friday, then Florist next Tuesday. And Waterview meeting on the 17th. Then I think we are good for at least a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment