Aron and I trekked to Ridgefield last night for a meeting with the Rabbi and a Friday night service. The Rabbi is really nice. He is only a few years older than us, and relatively recently married himself. He is pretty open to anything as far as the ceremony goes, and he will marry us whenever we want. We told him we officially want to use him. He said that entails 2 meetings where we discuss with him exactly what we want and stuff like that.
We also stayed around for the Friday night service. It was nice, but much much more reform that I used to. They read from the Torah on Friday night, since they do not have a Saturday morning service. Also, since it is reform, they treat woman as equals, unlike in conservative, where woman essentially have no place in the service. I did enjoy attending, and the people were all very nice.
Overall, I am happy with the Rabbi, and I don't mind attending a few more services there between now and the wedding. Too bad it is so far away!
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment