Saturday, January 17, 2009

33C Robert Treat

Tomorrow marks exactly 2 years since Aron and I officially decided to move in together. We were on our way home from something BBYO at the Woodbridge JCC when I got a call on my cell phone from a woman at Robert Treat Apartments. I had found the apartment complex on rent.com a few days earlier and left a message to say that I was interested in coming to look. So we decided to venture over on the way home. They gave us a key and let us go explore the 2 empty aparatments. The first one we walked into is the one that I am sitting in right now. We ran around and took pictures and I knew right away that I liked it. We did visit the 2nd aparatment, but I didn't like it as much. The kitchen was too small for me.

So we went home and talked about. My impulsive self was ready to sign immediately, and Aron's more cautious about big decisions wanted to think about it and look around some more. But my impulsivity won out and I convinced him that we should put down a deposit. The next day was MLK day, so I brought Ann with me to look and drop off a check.

Next thing I know, we are back on the following Friday signing a lease and waking up early the next morning to start moving our stuff in. The day we moved in was freezing cold and really windy. It was miserable and long, but we essentially got it all done that day, thanks to much support (and patience!!) from Ann and Tom.

The weekend we moved in was also the first night our parents met. The only way that my dad would let this happen was if the parents got to meet. So we brought in pizza from aross the street, and our dads sat on the couch and bonded while the mothers helped us unpack the kitchen.

I still can't believe we have been here for 2 years.

1 comment: