So were supposed to meet with our wedding coordinator on Saturday at the Waterview to pick out table clothes, centerpieces, finalize the menu and cake, etc. Aron and I picked his mom and set off for the Waterview. We planned to meet my parents there, and we left plenty of time because my dad said that powerlines were down on the road on the way there. It was no problem, we detoured, and we wound up at the Waterview with plenty of time. As we are turning into the lot, I see flashing lights ahead. As we get closer, I see that the flashing lights are everywhere, and they are mostly coming from firetrucks.
Now, as a future bride, that is the last thing you want to see while pulling into the venu where the entirety of your wedding will be held.
So, remaining extremely calm, we get out of the car to investigate, meanwhile, firefighters are walking in and out of the building, but on the oposite side from where my festivities will be taking place. A man who works there is sitting in a car, and he gets out to greet us and ask if we are there for a meeting. He tells us that there was a break in one of the pipes in the sprinkler system, and we might be able to go in soon, and just wait in the car for now.
Minute later, Mandy, our coordinator, walks out. She informs us that the break was pretty serious, and there is a lot of flooding, the ceiling is caving in, and there is no power because water got in the electrical system. They can't turn on any power until an electrician comes to look and see if it is ok to turn the power back on. So we have to reschedule again. And when Aron walks in to ask her another question, it strongly smells of gas. Apparently there might be something wrong with the gas lines.
If our wedding was sooner, I would have been freaking out. But I figure that 6 months is more than enough time to get this fixed. So we have rescheduled for Feb 7. I just feel bad for the wedding that was happening there last weekend!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment