So we met with the videographer today. I would say he was good, not great. We both left with the same impression, which was that he did a good job, but some of the shots were from weird angles, and some of it was a little dark. He actually showed us a wedding he did recently in our area at the Waterview. Ironically, I went to school with the couple, so I knew everyone in the video. So this was not one of his normal show pieces. He also made a good point to us that the video is only as good at the people in the wedding, and this wedding didn't have a bridal party. Just a best man and a maid of honor. And frankly, all of these people seemed a bit strange. I have no doubt that our wedding party will make this event a memorable one (I am looking at you, Josh and Tom), so needless to say, no matter who we hire, our video will kick ass.
But I feel that with a videographer, you really get what you pay for. It seems that if you want an amazing video, you have to be willing to spend over $4000. And that is a bit out of our price range right now, considering how much was spent on the other vendors. So for half of that cost, you can get a decent video, but not the best.
I would hire this guy. He seems nice, professional, and really willing to get the entire day to tell a story. But we are going to look and see if we are more impressed by anyone.
Anyone have a videographer to recommend?
Monday, December 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment