Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fall

I hate the end of summer. I absolutely despise the days getting shorter and the cold air setting in. I love all things summer. From BBQs, to eating outside, to the beach, to wearing flip flops all of the time. I find that I am happier during the summer (though I feel that being a teacher and having summers off defintely adds to that all over good feeling.)

Tonight is the first time I have really felt that fall is here. Going back to school in August didn't help with this summer to fall transition. But tonight, fall is officially here for me.

Aron and I made our way to the arena in Bridgeport for the Soundtigers dinner. It is really our first trip there since the season ended sadly back in April. But as we stood outside the arena with the wind blowing and the fall chill in the air, I couldn't help but be excited. Hockey season officially begins on Saturday, so now we have something to do on the weekends and occasional weeknight.

Along with hockey season in the fall comes all things pumpkin flavored, which is another plus for fall. Already I have had many cups of pumpkin spice coffee and a few pumpkin cookies. Not to sound like bubba gump, but I am looking forward to pumpkin muffins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cream cheese...etc.

I guess I also dread fall because this is the time of year that I add another number onto my age. 28 will be coming in a few days. Though I don't know if I am ready to say goodbye to 27 yet.

I can deal with fall, but can we just skip over winter and head right to spring? Bears have the right idea. I need to hibernate!

No comments:

Post a Comment