Friday, September 11, 2009

9pm

How did I make it to the point in life where 9pm has become my ideal bedtime? As I troll around on facebook page on a Thursday night, I see the excited updates of "plans for tonight???" from various college aged friends. And damn that makes me feel old.

Thursday is a long day for me. Work, visiting my sister, niece and nephew, and then going to advise bbyo. I usually get home a little after 9. All I can think about is trying to be in bed by 10. When did this change happen in my life? It seems like it wasn't that long ago that mom and dad were upset with me for strolling in just as they were leaving for work on a Friday morning. While I wasn't working in quite as demanding of a career, I was still working and going to school. When did I get so tired?

To add to the old feeling, it is Friday night. This morning, Aron asks if we have plans for tonight. When I replied that we didn't, he said, "good" and asked to stay in tonight. I was very quick to second that idea. And now here I am, at almost 8pm, thinking that if I could stay up until 9, that would be amazing.

How did I get so old and not realize it?

No comments:

Post a Comment