Something strange has happened since we became homeowners. I have been noticing it, but it became even more apparentl tonight.
I can't deal with it not being clean here. That might not be strange to some, but to those who have known me for a long time, messy does not even come close to describing me. At parent's house, the floor of my room was never visible. Our apartment was always a mess. It never seemed to bother me.
But being a homeowner has changed me. I am not sure if it is the fact that we own this place and my of my pay goes towards the mortgage, or it is because we have more room to spread out and places to put things, or that we have new appliances such as a washer and dishwasher.
Tonight, after making lunch and getting things ready for the week, I decided I was going to leave dishes in the sink, which is so unlike me these days. I started to walk away, but I couldn't do it. I went back, emptied the clean dishes out, and reloaded the dishwasher. In the apartment, those dishes would have sat in the sink for days until Aron finally did them.
I am not sure if this new found sense of neatness is because we moved right before summer vacation, and I had nothing else to do but keep clean. I suppose as we get further into the school year, we'll see if it keeps up. I am sure that Aron would appreciate it!
Monday, September 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ahhhh dishwasher = lifechanging
ReplyDelete