Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Member of the Tribe

Dear Tyler,

Today you became a member of the tribe!  I'll spare you the intimate details, but today was your Bris.  We thought that having on a weekday would limit the amount of people that were able to attend.  Well, it just goes to show how big of a deal you actually are.  About 50 people came to welcome you into the world!

You were a good sport, considering.  The hardest part was when dad and I met with the Mohel alone in your room.  He gave you a shot to numb the spot, and you didn't like that.  Neither did I.  As for the actual procedure, you handled it very well. 

The ceremony included parts from your Grandma Beth, Aunt Deb, Grandpa John, and Grandpa Andrew.  Your great grandfathers said the Kiddush together.  It was a very special event.

We hope your Hebrew name will help to guide you in life.  Your first name is for your Aunt Sandy.  The translation means peaceful or literally "from the heart."  No one had more heart than Aunt Sandy.  She was a special woman, and I hope that she is looking over you.  I know she would have loved you.  Your middle name means strong.  We hope you grow into a strong, confident man one day.

So we welcome you, Shalev Eitan, to the tribe!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment